Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Not There Yet

Hello, my name is Thelma and I'm swiftly approaching my 39th birthday. I thought it'd be fun (and cheaper than therapy) to blog my 39th year. I've got a lot going on in my crazy life. Most of it is making me feel really old. A lot of it makes me proud. I have 2 children that are absolutely my life.

Girl just turned 18 and is getting ready to graduate high school and move away to college. The college that she's chosen is 400 miles away. I'm heartsick and proud all at the same time. She's getting ready to say goodbye to her friends and go out and start her life. I'm proud through my tears.

Boy just turned 13 and he's one big, huge mess. He's 6 ft. tall and currently in a size 14 shoe. He's not quite coordinated enough for his body. I'll be sad when the coordination sets in as then, I'll know that he's truly a man. I'm desperately proud of him. He has some trouble in school, but behaves properly and is very respectful. These days, teachers don't get a lot of respect. That is more important to me than grades.

These two are turning my life upside down by growing up....but that's not all. I've just quit a job that I absolutely loved to go to work for a company that doesn't even have an office yet. It's quite a bit more money so I know that it was the right thing to do. It will also be the most flexible job I've ever had. My new boss knows my kids and knows that I'll drop his shit in a heartbeat if they need me...and he's perfectly OK with that. He bought an office trailer yesterday, but it will be awhile before it's set up. I'm trying to enjoy my time working from home til then.

If this isn't all enough....I'm going through my 4th divorce. He moved out on July 24 and we'll have our final court date on May 16. I feel bad that I'm not as sad as I should be about this. I have a dear friend that has helped me through the split up and we've become really close. Probably closer than we should be. He's my rock right now. He doesn't judge me, he just lets me be me...even if he doesn't understand the reasoning behind some of the things I do.

And that's it in a nut shell. I'll be 39 years old on May 4 and this proves to be a very eventful year. I just read the book "Who Moved My Cheese". It's all about change and how to embrace change. I'm trying to embrace...but sometimes I don't want to. I intend to come here daily to vent, brag, bitch, moan and just think in print. I think it will help me clear my head and sort things out. I hope I can also sharpen up on some writing skills and possibly be a little funny. We'll see!

2 comments:

WendyC said...

Woohoo! Welcome to blog world :) Looking forward to reading more.

Beachgirl said...

I didn't read "Who Moved My Cheese" but we had a class about it in college. We watched an animated video about it. I thought it was funny. If you have ever seen "Pleasantville", there's a part where William H. Macy's character comes home to an empty house and keeps asking "Where's my dinner?" It makes me think of the book. It's funny.